Senior Database ArchitectUP TO $10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
InfoReliance has an opportunity for a Senior Database Architect to support a new cybersecurity program for a DoD client based in Dahlgren, VA, Chantilly, VA, and Fairfax, VA. This position requires a minimum Secret clearance.
The Senior Database Architect will be part of a team of experts charged with providing support in the areas of cyber analysis and cyber development capabilities in response to Navy’s and DoD’s needs for Cyber Situational Awareness (SA), Cyber Command and Control (C2), Mission Assurance, and Homeland Defense. Program scope includes identifying cyber key terrain by analyzing operational requirements, conducting cyber analyses and assessments, and developing and performing modeling and simulation in support of different cyber threat scenarios. The team will conduct cyber analyses and assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks, determine mission and operational impacts, and make appropriate mitigation recommendations. Additionally, program support includes developing methodology and framework in support of cyber risk assessment life cycle. Our team will provide capabilities to support the customer with rapid design, development, test, deployment, maintenance and operation of specific software and hardware capabilities to meet current Cyber Defensive needs.
As a Senior Database Architect on this program, you will use your expertise and experience in the following areas and activities to deliver solutions and services to our customer:
- Review and assess existing enterprise data-driven applications, to support new features, performance improvements, upgrades, and ongoing sustainment
- Analyze large, complex systems to determine performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency
- Capture and analyze database activity to identify improvements in indexing, file structure, maintenance processes, and query performance
- Plan and conduct database architecture assessments that examine DBMS and database configuration and performance
- Identify areas of instability and deviations from best practices with database components
- Participate in performance, load, and stress testing, and remediation of issues identified
- Participate in security architecture reviews of large enterprise systems
- Lead efforts to design and implement changes to data models for new and existing applications
- Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment
- Participate in activities that ensure the successful use of these systems including: developing documentation, test scripts, and training materials
You will have the opportunity to work and grow your expertise with a team of software engineering and cyber security experts working to tackle the cyber defense issues of the modern military with creative and innovative solutions.
In order to be successful in this job, we expect that qualified candidates will have the following skills, experience, and credentials:
- Active Secret Clearance (Top Secret clearance preferred)
- Current CompTIA Security+ certification (DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 preferred)
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining SQL Server infrastructures on version 2008/2008R2/2012/2014
- Proficiency with managing and administering SQL Server installations and databases including: developing maintenance plans, configuring server resources, monitoring performance, configuring instances and databases, and administering security
- Expert level skills designing and implementing redundant and scalable SQL Server infrastructures using technologies including database mirroring, log shipping, replication, Always On Availability Groups, etc.
- Proficiency with SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Profiler, and SQL Server Management Studio
- Proficiency in database tuning and query optimization
- Experience designing, implementing, supporting, and analyzing enterprise scale applications that perform extract/transform/load (ETL) operations with external data sources and SQL Server
- Seven (7) years of experience in the above listed areas